Born and raised in California, it is always a blessing to come home for any length of time - especially to escape the brutal (eh 40 degree) cold in Dallas. Prior to this visit, my husband and I had the pleasure to visit his hometown in Wichita where the cold was colder BUT we got snow, and to me that is magical. (See "born and raised in California")
A few big things that made the end of 2015 and start of 2016 wonderful:
- Our newly-adopted terrier bit ZERO children (and I could honestly stop there and be so happy)
- We got to visit with 85% of my husband's family for Christmas - which was huge... get it?
- Truman (terrier) learned to love snow as much as we do
- We rang in the new year with best friends
- On the first day of 2016, Andrew and I drove down to San Diego to visit my sister, brother-in-law and two nephews (and that MIGHT be the cherry on top so far)
With that, we hope you have a very happy and blessed 2016!